- Hands-on – Rado Golden Horse 1957 Limited Editionsby Rebecca Doulton on October 26, 2020 at 6:10 pm
Most of us associate Rado with design-oriented watches and innovative materials, especially high-tech ceramic. Minimalist lines, sleek profiles and silky smooth ceramic cases and bracelets have defined much of the brand’s portfolio since the 1990s. And then, during Baselworld 2017, Rado surprised us with a very convincing reinterpretation of a 1962 Captain Cook model complete
- Brew is Back with the Retromatic, an Espresso Inspired Time and Date Watch with an Automatic Movementby Zach Kazan on October 26, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Today, Brew Watch Co. has announced their latest creation, the all new Retromatic. The Retromatic is both inextricably linked to Brew’s previous watches through a shared design language, but also, in a very clear way, seems to look forward, and offers a glimpse of what might be in store for the brand down the road. The post Brew is Back with the Retromatic, an Espresso Inspired Time and Date Watch with an Automatic Movement appeared first on Worn & Wound.
- Hands-On With The New YEMA LED In Steelby Blake Buettner on October 26, 2020 at 5:00 pm
You may have noticed that pure digital watches are enjoying a bit of a moment, with everything from the Bulova Computron to the Timex LCA receiving their own modern re-issue. YEMA is joining that crowd with the release of their own digital watch from their back catalog circa the 1970s dubbed the LED Collection. After The post Hands-On With The New YEMA LED In Steel appeared first on Worn & Wound.
- Hands-On: The Doxa SUB 300by James Stacey on October 26, 2020 at 5:00 pm
A classic, re-re-made.
- Happenings: Joseph Kirk To Lecture At The Horological Society Of New Yorkby Nicholas Manousos on October 26, 2020 at 3:00 pm
The Grand Seiko Brand Curator will discuss the brand’s philosophy in mechanical watchmaking.
- G-Shock Unveils Another MT-G with a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Caseby Zach Kazan on October 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm
At a certain point, we’ll have to look back at G-Shock and ask ourselves when, exactly, the brand shifted from producing affordable, indestructible tools that were, if nothing else, completely humble, to making more expensive, indestructible tools that push further into the luxury market. If you look at our own recent G-Shock coverage, you’ll see The post G-Shock Unveils Another MT-G with a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Case appeared first on Worn & Wound.
- HODINKEE Radio: Episode 110: The Slowdown’s Spencer Bailey & Andrew Zuckermanby Stephen Pulvirent on October 26, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Whether you’re looking for practical advice or a philosophical conversation, you’re in the right place.
- IN PICTURES: Prestons extends its Rolex room at Wilmslow flagshipby Rob Corder on October 26, 2020 at 11:37 am
An accredited Rolex service centre and expanded showroom take Cheshire store to a new level. The post IN PICTURES: Prestons extends its Rolex room at Wilmslow flagship appeared first on WatchPro.
- Editorial – Second-Hand Can No Longer Be Ignored By Watch Brandsby Xavier Markl on October 26, 2020 at 11:10 am
With the development of e-commerce and as the trend for vintage watches consolidates, the market for second-hand luxury watches is growing fast. A survey by the Boston Consulting Group published in September 2020 reveals that “the market for secondhand hard luxury items – primarily watches and jewellery – is worth about €21 billion worldwide and
- Zeitwinkel’s 273° Saphir Fumé Stands Outby Revolution on October 26, 2020 at 10:40 am
The Zeitwinkel 273° Saphir Fumé leaves the brand’s watchmaking philosophy in plain sight, and that’s a great thing. The post Zeitwinkel’s 273° Saphir Fumé Stands Out appeared first on Revolution.
- Garmin presses go on next-gen ecosystem for diversby Alex Douglas on October 26, 2020 at 10:34 am
The Descent Mk2i watch-style dive computer pairs with the Descent T1 transmitter via Garmin SubWave, a revolutionary new sonar-based communication system, to deliver tank pressure data to the diver. The post Garmin presses go on next-gen ecosystem for divers appeared first on WatchPro.
- Bamford London designs special edition watches for Goodlife Clothingby Alex Douglas on October 26, 2020 at 10:18 am
Bamford took samples of the actual fabric to create the dials so the denim weave is the same on the watch faces as the Goodlife shirts. The post Bamford London designs special edition watches for Goodlife Clothing appeared first on WatchPro.
- Casio reels in Pro Trek offering with new angler-focused seriesby Alex Douglas on October 26, 2020 at 10:07 am
The new PRTB70 offers special functionality geared toward fisherman including the Fish In Time feature and a Fishing Timer. The post Casio reels in Pro Trek offering with new angler-focused series appeared first on WatchPro.
- Accutron celebrates 60 years in business with iconic Empire State Building illuminationby Alex Douglas on October 26, 2020 at 9:59 am
Not only is it one of New York City’s most iconic buildings, it is also the headquarters of the US-based watchmaker. The post Accutron celebrates 60 years in business with iconic Empire State Building illumination appeared first on WatchPro.
- Introducing – TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition 2020by Nina Scally on October 26, 2020 at 8:40 am
It wasn’t just Ayrton Senna’s perseverance or determination for speed and exhilaration on the racetrack that got him noticed. For 15 years and right up until his untimely death, a flash of electric yellow on the helmet of the Brazilian Formula 1 Championship winner could be caught sight of as he lapped the track with
- Seiko Prospex LX Sky Gradation Dialby Jason Pitsch on October 26, 2020 at 6:00 am
In recent years, Seiko has re-classified its primary sports models into four different categories, and the Prospex LX is the top of the range. What was initially the Prospex line has been broken into 5 Sports ($300 or less) at the entry-level, then the Prospex ($500-900), Prospex Luxe ($800-$2K), and Prospex LX ($5.5K+). The Prospex…
- In Conversation with the One & Only, Santa Lauraby Wei Koh on October 26, 2020 at 12:44 am
Wei Koh digs deep into the subject of the passion of watch collecting with the man behind the universally recognized Instagram handle, Santa Laura. The post In Conversation with the One & Only, Santa Laura appeared first on Revolution.
- Armin Strom caliber ALA20by Prowatches on October 26, 2020 at 12:25 am
Swiss made, automatic, 32.70 mm x 8.34 mm, 20 jewels, 185 components, 70-hour power reserve, 3.5Hz (25,200 vph). Hours, minutes. Stamped guilloche oscillating weight on movement side. Free sprung balance wheel. Finishing includes ruthenium plating, circular Geneva stripes, straight graining, circular graining, frosting, beveled and polished edges, polished countersinks, and screw heads.
- Introducing the Q Timex Reissue LCA – Now Available at the Windup Watch Shopby Windup Watch Shop on October 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Sentiments like “history is bound to repeat itself” tend to have a negative connotation, but when it comes to watches, a little repetition seems to be welcome… heck, one might argue the last decade of watch design has been fueled by looking back, and not forward. But now is not the time for cultural critique, The post Introducing the Q Timex Reissue LCA – Now Available at the Windup Watch Shop appeared first on Worn & Wound.
- Sunday Rewind: The Incredible Story Of J.B. Champion, Jr.by HODINKEE on October 25, 2020 at 1:28 pm
No, not the bracelets – the guy.